East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC, located in East Dubuque, Illinois, uses low-cost, North American natural gas to produce nitrogen fertilizer. The plant primarily includes a 1,025 ton-per-day ammonia unit and a 1,100 ton-per-day UAN. The facility is located on a 210-acre, 140-foot bluff above the Mississippi River with access to the river for loading certain products.
This position is responsible for on stream inspections of critical equipment and machinery and to make downtime inspection of the process unit piping and equipment to assure process reliability and safe and continued operation of the nitrogen fertilizers facility. Accountabilities include record creation and retention, establish and predict replacement requirements and modifications, to inspect repairs and modifications for compliance with governmental and industrial codes and laws. Direct, supervise contract inspection resources.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Must be certified in Level II NDT and possess all relevant API Inspection Certifications.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as an API fixed equipment inspector in a heavy industrial environment (refining, petrochemicals) and have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of process maintenance procedures including safety procedures involving repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software, API standards and ASME Codes, PCMS Program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and extensive computer skills
- Must be able to operate NDT equipment, UT, PT, MT and VT and interpret Radiographic Film
- Must be able to read and draw isometric drawings.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment involving climbing, confined spaces, etc.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required
- Ability to adjust to frequent change and adjust schedule as needed to reach Departmental goals.
- Determine serviceability of piping, vessels, towers, heaters, exchangers, boilers, and any other critical process equipment. By visual, ultrasonic, x-ray, dye penetrant testing and magnetic particle inspection of equipment
- Maintain and monitor Ultrapipe Corrosion Computerized monitoring system employing U.T. on corrosion rates, inspection dates and retirement prediction of plant equipment. All subsequest U.T. inspections will be entered into the program along with pressure, temperature, service, material and minimum thickness. The program will calculate the next inspection date and retirement date.
- Maintain and update mechanical integrity documents and files in a well-organized manner
- Oversee contractor weld procedures and test welders
- Maintain Positive Materials Program employing alloy maps of the refinery equipment and piping systems.
- Perform vendor shop inspections and provide onsite project inspections on a daily basis
- Maintain communication with Contractors, maintenance, Construction, Operations and Engineering on various matters including inspection/code requirements, condition of equipment, workmanship that does not meet requirements, and recommendations regarding repair of equipment or poor workmanship
- Must be able to make recommendations on shutdown of equipment and piping due to corrosion and serviceability
- Safe and consistent process operating equipment
- Minimize unpredictable failures
- Instrumental alleviating unplanned downtime
- Minimize failures due to improper metallurgy
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.
Interested candidates must apply through the Careers page on http://www.cvrpartners.com/
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
East Dubuque, IL
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|