Volunteer CoordinatorRiverview Center, Inc., Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Riverview Center, Inc., is a local social service agency providing comprehensive services to victims of sexual violence in the Tri-State Area, primarily in Jo Daviess and Carroll Counties in Illinois and Dubuque County, Iowa.
The Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing recruitment, training, and supervision of direct service volunteers in our 14 county service area based out of Dubuque, Iowa and serving region 3 including Linn, Blackhawk, Winneshiek and surrounding counties. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the volunteer on-call schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a recruitment system for volunteer advocates.
- Schedule, arrange for, and assist in providing volunteer training in accordance with standards and requirements of IowaCASA an ICASA. Work in conjunction with other staff members, other victim service providers and community professionals to offer and provide volunteer trainings and recruitment efforts.
- Review, annually the volunteer training manual and resources. Revise, edit, update and make any necessary changes to the volunteer manual, resources and other materials to stay current with issues of sexual violence, domestic violence, gender-based violence, advocacy and other topics directly related to volunteer and volunteer services.
- Perform potential volunteer background checks, interview, review applications, and complete reference checks. Make recommendations to the program directors regarding the volunteer application status.
- Coordinate and participate in quarterly volunteer in-service trainings.
- Provide continual communication with volunteers and advocacy team.
- Keep accurate volunteer files, agendas and sign in sheets as required by funders.
- Coordinate and maintain monthly volunteer on-call calendar.
- Participate in on-call and hotline dispatch on a rotating basis. Availability to respond in-person to hospitals, police stations, and other 24-hour facilities to provide support, advocacy, and crisis counseling/intervention.
- Answer crisis and business line, and provide crisis counseling/intervention, make necessary referrals, and/or connect the caller to the appropriate staff member or other professional. Provide telephone support to all Riverview Center offices to ensure the best customer service to all callers.
- Compile monthly statistics and prepare monthly reports as required for direct services performed by position.
- Attend volunteer events including recruitment events, college campus events, and other events to publicize the volunteer program at Riverview Center.
- Attend professional trainings outside the agency as requested.
- Maintain annual continuing education per IACASA and ICASA/Iowa standards.
- Perform annual evaluations and/or assessment of each direct service volunteer.
- Support center and agency fundraising activities.
- Work in conjunction with both program directors to ensure a successful volunteer program across the service area.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director in keeping with the purpose of Riverview Center.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work, criminal justice, or relevant experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with evenings/weekend work and on call time as well, in order to respond to reasonable to the needs of clients and volunteer trainings in the region.
- Knowledge of sexual assault issues and of the criminal justice system.
- Completion of IACASA and ICASA training in sexual assault/abuse field to meet legal requirements for confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain accurate client records.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and to travel to all of the communities served by the agency.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to the philosophy and program of Riverview Center, which includes helping to create a society free from violence.
APPY BY EMAIL TO HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR AT:
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|