Surgical RNGrant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster Wisconsin. We are a progressive and growing facility! Our newly opened 47,800 square foot expansion showcases a new med/surg department, new space for our growing multi-specialty clinic, state-of-the art radiology department with in-house MRI, expanded emergency department with enclosed ambulance garage and a rooftop heliport.
Our expanded surgery department features two updated, modern operating rooms, pre- and post-surgical areas, teaching consultation room, as well as dedicated entrance and waiting area. Our Physicians, anesthesia and surgery staff are committed to providing our patients an exceptional surgical experience. They strive to promote a culture-driven environment of excellence, quality, compassion and dignity.
Please join us to experience the difference. Other enhancements include a new main entrance with amenities such as our gift shop, Perfect Blend coffee shop, healing garden, history and donor recognition wall and additional parking for staff and patients. An additional 39,000 square feet of renovated space wraps up the construction project and symbolizes our commitment to the patient-centered model of care.
We are honored to have achieved 5 Star Rating in Patient Experience for 2 years in a row! That designation puts us in the top 6% of hospitals in the nation! We have also recently achieved Overall 5 Star Rating
We are located in BEAUTIFUL, scenic, and peaceful Southwest Wisconsin. The rolling hills offer lots of opportunity for the sports enthusiast (biking, hiking, ATV/UTV trails, running/walking). The Mississippi is literally 15 minutes from our hospital and offers fantastic boating, kayaking, water skiing, jet skiing and amazing fishing too! Ski resorts within 30 minutes of our facility. Madison WI is 1.5 hours, Dubuque IA is 30 minutes, Chicago IL is 3.5 hours.....we're in the heart of the Tri-States!
Come join our growing Surgery Department in our newly remodeled space! We invite you to come 'Experience the Difference' in our 5 Star Medicare Rated hospital
The RN provides direct nursing care for individual patient in reference to the comprehensive nursing plan of care including common, well-defined nursing diagnoses and collaborative practice while in the perioperative setting. The RN uses basic communication skills to enhance patients’ expression of needs and evaluate patient response to implemented nursing care. The RN organizes, within the specified work period, those aspects of care for which he/she is accountable, and coordinates patient care with other health care employees. Is a resource person and teacher. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative and strives to maintain steady level of productivity. Is a self-starter. Is compatible and supportive; and a team player. Communicates on behalf of the patient and reflects the mission ethics and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Assist in the Operating Room
- Preparing the room and instruments, practice aseptic technique, sponge, instrument and sharps count, surgical scrub, gowning and gloving, setting up and maintaining a sterile field
- Patient positioning and prep, draping, suction, power equipment, electrical or mechanical equipment, documentation, use of communication devices, handling of blood/bodily fluids, administration of medication, function in urgent/emergent situations, preparation/application of dressings, removing of drapes, patient transfers
- Hand off report, distribute charts, x-rays and specimens; assist with cleaning operating room and equipment
- Central Sterilization duties which include but not limited to cleaning and wrapping instruments, sterilization of scopes and instruments
- Pre-op teachings
- Admitting the patient to Ambulatory Care
- Receiving the patient from Ambulatory Care to OR
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Demonstrates communication skills with other professionals, patient and family
- Takes responsibility for self-development
- Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Graduate of accredited RN program. Operating Room experience required. Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Basic Cardiac Rhythm Analysis skills required or completed within one year.
Interviews will begin as qualified candidates are received
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|