BookkeeperSouthwestern Wisconsin Community School District, Hazel Green, WI
This listing has expired
Southwestern Wisconsin School District is a public school serving grades K-12. We employ 62 certified staff and 30 non-certified staff.
The Southwestern School District is seeking qualified candidates for a bookkeeper position that has recently been open due to a resignation. The desired candidate should have a strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles. A basic understanding of school fi nance is desired but not a requirement. Experience with School District audits a plus.
• Perform general bookkeeping and payroll duties
• Proven ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines.
• Develop system to account for fi nancial transactions; defining
bookkeeping policies and procedures.
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and
• Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
• Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account
• Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance;
• Maintain historical records by fi ling documents.
• Prepare fi nancial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; fi ling reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assist with HR duties
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Dealing with
Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills,
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confi dentiality,
Interested candidates should submit a professional resume,
including at least three reference letters to:
John Costello, Superintendent,
PO Box 368, Hazel Green, WI 53811
Interested candidates may also call 608-854-2261, ext. 310
for any additional information or questions.
Application deadline: July 15, 2019
Position is open until fi lled.