Behavioral Health CounselorCrescent Community Health Center, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Crescent Community Health Center is a local medical and dental clinic providing basic (primary) medical and oral health care. Our doctors, dentists, nurse practitioners, dental hygienists and other staff offer high-quality and affordable care to anyone needing a medical and/or dental home. Our philosophy is to make the patient, the center of care and a partner in treatment. The cost of our services for uninsured patients are figured on a sliding fee scale and discounted based upon the household income and size. We serve individuals and families who are uninsured, underinsured and those with various types of insurance. Patients from any area are welcomed to our practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all job functions according to CCHC mission and values.
- Provide biopsychosocial assessments of patients and families to diagnose and emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a comprehensive biopsychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical and therapeutic interventions according to evidence-based practice.
- Provide therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Participate in periodic staff conferences to present case histories; confer with internal and external members of therapy team to develop comprehensive evaluations or plan pertinent therapy programs to provide maximum benefits for each patient.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient's diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Accurately complete all patient records and documentation necessary for timely billing of services.
- Maintain confidentiality around patient and family information.
- Assist with the implementation and sustaining of patient centered medical home status as needed.
- Participate in quarterly chart reviews of other BH staff for performance evaluation purposes. Chart reviews also done to ensure accurate documentation for data collection purposes
- Collaborates with contracted, on-site behavioral health and substance use disorder specialists to obtain records, coordinate care and ensure continuity of care.
Qualifications: LISW, LMHC, LMFT, or LBA with Master or Doctorate in social work, behavioral health or other related field with professional licensure in Iowa or seeking professional licensure in Iowa. Will consider someone in the process of completing clinical professional experience and planning to take the clinical licensure test for their State Board for professional licensure.
Three years of experience in a health care setting or social service agency preferred.
Other: This position requires a valid driver’s license, verification of personal auto insurance and the ability to become an authorized driver as detailed in the driver authorization procedure and the ability to accommodate routine local travel and occasional travel outside of the local area on behalf of CCHC.
Drug testing and pbackground check required.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|