Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We're a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
Subacute is a 9 bed short-term residential facility offering intensive, recover-orientated services designed to stabilize an individual experiencing a decreased level of functioning due to a mental health condition, whose immediate treatment needs require a structured 24 hour residential setting. This level of care primarily serves as a step down from acute psychiatric inpatient care/hospitalization. Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Multidisciplinary evaluation
- Medication management
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Referrals to less intensive services/community reintegration strategies at the end of their stay
As a Psych RN/BSN at our Subacute facility, your primary responsibility includes providing health care services in a residential facility for adults with mental illness. This includes:
- Serving as a primary worker for clients
- Teaching necessary problem solving and independent living skills
- Documenting significant information in each file in a clear and timely matter
- Administering and documents medications
- Arranging for coverage on the floor when staff calls off
- Knowing agency's policy and procedures in case of emergencies
What you need
- Graduate from an accredited RN or BSN
- Licensed in the state of Iowa
- RN's will have at least 2 years of experience and BSN's will have at least 1 year of experience working with adults with mental illness
- Valid driver license and ability to meet agency driving requirements
What Makes You Stand Out
- Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training
- Current BCLS (CPR/1st Aid) certification
- Training in Mandt, Trauma Informed Care, Human Trafficking, and Mental Health First Aid
I enjoy my job because each day challenges me to be empathetic, understanding, compassionate, and is consistently driving me to improve my communications skills. This allows me to help others while also allowing me to grow as a person.
-Current Subacute/Crisis Nurse
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|