Radiology Technician - PRN/As-needed StatusGrant Regional Health Center, Lancaster, WI
This listing has expired
Grant Regional Health Center is a critical access hospital and clinic located in Lancaster Wisconsin. We are a progressive and growing facility! Our newly opened 47,800 square foot expansion showcases a new med/surg department, new space for our growing multi-specialty clinic, state-of-the art radiology department with in-house MRI, expanded emergency department with enclosed ambulance garage and a rooftop heliport.
Our expanded surgery department features two updated, modern operating rooms, pre- and post-surgical areas, teaching consultation room, as well as dedicated entrance and waiting area. Our Physicians, anesthesia and surgery staff are committed to providing our patients an exceptional surgical experience. They strive to promote a culture-driven environment of excellence, quality, compassion and dignity.
Please join us to experience the difference. Other enhancements include a new main entrance with amenities such as our gift shop, Perfect Blend coffee shop, healing garden, history and donor recognition wall and additional parking for staff and patients. An additional 39,000 square feet of renovated space wraps up the construction project and symbolizes our commitment to the patient-centered model of care.
We are honored to have achieved 5 Star Rating in Patient Experience for 2 years in a row! That designation puts us in the top 6% of hospitals in the nation! We have also recently achieved Overall 5 Star Rating
We are located in BEAUTIFUL, scenic, and peaceful Southwest Wisconsin. The rolling hills offer lots of opportunity for the sports enthusiast (biking, hiking, ATV/UTV trails, running/walking). The Mississippi is literally 15 minutes from our hospital and offers fantastic boating, kayaking, water skiing, jet skiing and amazing fishing too! Ski resorts within 30 minutes of our facility. Madison WI is 1.5 hours, Dubuque IA is 30 minutes, Chicago IL is 3.5 hours.....we're in the heart of the Tri-States!
On March 19, 2018 we opened our brand new, state of the art, Radiology Suite as part of our new building and renovation project. Services offered at Grant Regional include: general radiology, bone density, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, CT, MRI, and flouroscopy. Come join our team!
Department is open 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call hours apply when department is not open including holidays. Response time is 30 minutes. Anticipate new employee to work approximately every 5th weekend and on-call one night per week.
Duties would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Operate radiographic equipment to produce quality radiographs of body for diagnostic purpose, as directed by Radiologist.
- Practices radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of applicable exposure factors to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- May operate mobile radiographic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Maintain a positive and professional atmosphere for patients.
- Transfer and properly position patients for examinations and provide immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Select and operate equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient bases.
- Use film markers correctly and consistently.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations. Assist in performing first aid as necessary.
- Practice sterile techniques and prevents cross-contamination. Maintain orderliness and cleanliness.
- Secure and return supplies and maintains room stock.
- Report equipment failure to supervisor using proper forms and maintaining appropriate records.
- Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of routine or special procedures. In the absence of the supervisor or senior technologist, may be designated as acting supervisor.
ARRT registered or registry eligible. Licensed Radiographer by State of Wisconsin. Knowledge of general radiography and fluoroscopy required. Mammography and computed tomography experience desired, but would train.
Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are received.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|