Communications Specialist (Writer/Editor)Sisters of Charity, BVM (Mt. Carmel), Dubuque, IA
The Sisters of Charity, BVM at Mount Carmel is an active community of Catholic women religious who minister in 19 states and two foreign countries in works of charity, justice, education, and freedom. These four values guide us in our mission to ensure employees are treated fairly, compensated justly and are provided opportunities for personal and professional growth. To learn more about Sisters of Charity, BVM, please visit us at http://www.bvmsisters.org.
Communications Specialist (Writer/Editor)
Are you creative? Do you have a passion for writing and thrive with working on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment? If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for our team.
The Writer/Editor writes and oversees the development, execution, and delivery of print and digital content across all communications channels to foster the life and mission of the Sisters of Charity, BVM.
- Researches, writes, and edits features stories, content for publications, websites, and social media platforms to include but not limited to brochures, display ads, greeting cards, reports, blog, development appeals, and other correspondents.
- Serves as managing editor for SALT magazine and newsletters. Assigns articles as needed to sisters/associates and provides editorial direction and assistance.
- Assists with the oversight of editorial calendar to organize and maximize distribution of content and track workflow.
- Reviews copy for errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and readability in agreement with style guidelines.
- Edits obituaries and annually prepares and edits jubilee celebrations of sisters for appropriate channels and submits to news outlets.
- Utilize SEO and analytics to determine online trends of content and develop strategies to expand online presence.
Qualified candidate will have a BA in journalism, English, communications/public relations, or related field with 2-3 years of experience. Candidate must have strong writing, editing, proof reading, and oral communications skills, be self-motivated, have strong creative ideas, and detailed-oriented. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of CMS, Adobe Creative Suite, SEO, and photography preferred.
Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to email@example.com
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||1100 Carmel Drive|
|Apply by Mail:||1100 Carmel Drive|
Dubuque, IA 52003
Graphic Design/Social Media
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|