Senior AccountantSpahn & Rose Lumber Co, Dubuque, IA
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality mix, while encouraging our employees to have rewarding careers with avenues for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401k and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in joining a growing and dynamic organization that has been in business for over 110 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
Established in 1904, Spahn & Rose has 24 retail lumber and building material stores in Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin. We currently have an opening for a Senior Accountant at our corporate office in Dubuque. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payable transactions including but not limited to:
- Payable deadlines are achieved
- Discounts are taken
- Accurate general ledger coding
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Respond to inquiries from firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Process credit application and determine credit limits.
- Respond to credit limit request from the field when needs arise.
- Assist with the preparation or review of daily and monthly reconciliation
- Maintain internal controls.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of combined Public Accounting and/or Private Industry accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance within a retail environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
At Spahn & Rose we pride ourselves in providing our customers with excellent service and a superior quality product mix, while encouraging our associates to have rewarding careers with potential for advancement. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, disability and 401K and profit sharing plans.
If you are interested in being part of a growing and dynamic organization doing business for over 115 years, we encourage you to apply and submit your resume today!
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|