Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Director, Demand Planning and S&OP, reporting to the Vice President-Operations will collaborate with a cross-functional team including Operations, Quality, Finance, Sales, Marketing & Product Management, and E-Commerce to develop and execute the monthly S&OP processes and meetings across the various business units (BU). The core functions of the position include strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand and supply; aligns volume and mix with capacity and capability; and integrates financial and operating plans within strategic objectives to deliver improved operating and financial results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The S&OP Director demonstrates ownership and plays an important part in establishing feedback loops, transparent communication and effective demand and supply matching—facilitating key decisions with direct customer impact measured through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) detailed below.
- Manage the aggregation of the demand plan process across product categories and BUs, producing a rolling 12-18 month estimate of unconstrained future demand in units
- Conduct rough cut capacity and scenario planning to be able to validate and present data and analytics to facilitate decision making
- Develop, monitor and revise production and sourcing plans, in the short and long term, to optimize the use of manpower, equipment and financial resources while meeting the needs of customers
- Prepare data and material for monthly S&OP meetings that will facilitate decisions around equipment, labor and all other resources needed to support demand over the S&OP planning horizon
- Assist in the documentation of assumptions incorporated in the demand and supply plan and validate past assumptions
- Coordinate and facilitate the monthly S&OP meetings to achieve the demand plan consensus including strategic, product, sales, and marketing/merchandising activities as well as supply plan balance and constraints/gaps
- Achieve customer service order fulfillment objectives while maintaining inventory levels at targeted goals
- Develop support metrics, tools and reporting that will enable Manufacturing plants and Procurement teams to achieve these service level and inventory targets
- Work closely with Marketing and Product Management on planning/executing the activation and ramp-up for new products as well planning/managing other product-life-cycle phases
- Evaluate inventory reports to identify slow moving and obsolete inventories and collaborate with Sales Marketing and Product Management and E-Commerce to develop disposition plans
- Track performance metrics and analysis to identify both opportunities and potential issues within S&OP processes and reporting as well as those across departments; provide insights and recommendations to help improve results
- Work closely with Procurement, Manufacturing, and Logistics & Distribution to evaluate the demand/production plan against inventory, capacity and external factors and to create mitigation actions if needed
- Facilitate prioritizing demand and/or allocating supply to a customer or region when demand exceeds supply
- Identify significant business risks and escalate to the appropriate leadership teams
- Ensure efficient communication across functional teams for any trends, drivers, and takeaways in a clear and concise manner
- Identify and implement supply chain initiatives to improve efficiencies, cost, waste reduction and other lean principles
- Lead and coach a team of S&OP Analysts
- Other duties as assigned
- Demand Plan accuracy and stability
- On-time delivery
- Availability (stock out rate)
- Lead time
- Inventory management/stock turn
- Optimization/reduction of excess stock/write offs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain (experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Inventory Planning in an environment of both manufactured and sourced finished goods highly preferred)
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, including multi-tasking and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, follow up and attention to details. Adaptable to multiple requests, daily changes and still deliver on commitments
- Data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems and strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work independently while still functioning well in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with senior management, peers, and colleagues cross-functionally
- People management experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent preferred
- APICS Certification is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in MRP and ERP systems inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning and analytics preferred
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills: meeting facilitation, skill sharing and training, organization, conflict management, change agent, manage relationships
- Knowledgeable in lean principles/methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|