Peer Support SpecialistHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
About the Organization
Hillcrest Family Services is a non-profit organization that assists adults and children in need of help. Every day, Hillcrest builds confidence in hundreds of people and families. We’re a place where compassion is commonplace. Where our passion soars and faith restores.
About the Program
The Wellness Center is here to help adults in recovery from mental illness, addictions, physical injury/illness and other challenges in life. The Wellness Center is run by Peer Support Specialists, who are individuals that have experienced mental health issues and are currently in recovery. Peer Support Specialists staff the Wellness Center, facilitate groups and meet with individual members.
Each month the Wellness Center offers many unique groups including Recovery 101, Suicide Survivor, Coping with Trauma, Spiritual Conversation, Anger Management, and Stress Management to name a few.
The Wellness Center is a place of community for persons ‘seeking to regain something that was lost or for those who are working towards a positive future.
As a Peer Support Specialist, your primary responsibilities Facilitating client interaction with Wellness Center Program.. In addition, you will:
- Understanding and demonstrates the ability to welcome persons and families to the Wellness Center and programs
- Providing peer support to persons in recovery and family members
- Demonstrating a knowledge of and commitment to recovery philosophy
- Participating regularly in at least one wellness activity and support group
- Demonstrating a commitment to continued education on wellness, recovery, and peer support
- Adhering to the Peer Support Specialist Code of Ethics and Wellness Center Safety Contract
What you need
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED or NCR accepted)
- Graduate Iowa Peer Support Training Academy or equivalent
- Possesses an orientation towards wellness and recovery
- Ability to work with individuals with a lived experience of mental health or substance use conditions
What Makes You Stand Out
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member and function well in social settings
- Ability and willingness to accept direction
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job posting are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. A complete list of job duties may be requested at any time during the job application process.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|