Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Andersen’s highly collaborative, yet richly challenging culture has enabled Engineers like you to develop more products in the past five years than in the past 100. Let your curiosity lead you to create new processes and materials to take windows and doors to the next generation. At Andersen, you build something lasting…your career. Are you ready to become an Engineer at Andersen?
PURPOSE: This position will focus is on coordinating and leading all or most activities on comprehensive and technically challenging projects/assignments.
- Understands projects/assignments from a corporate standpoint.
- In-depth understanding of the business (ex. customer/market segment) and opportunities in each.
- Incorporates customer perspective when developing solutions.
- Understands concepts of corporate identity and business needs as applied to projects/assignments
- Projects/assignments are more complex. Involve multiple variables, greater responsibility, and cross-functional integration.
- Analyze and develop complex processes.
- Fully develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying a customer need, and support all viable solutions to arrive at an optimum solution for customers and the corporation.
- Able to solve complex problems with practical solutions.
- Take lead role in developing project/assignment plans involving internal and external resources.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams having broader less defined initial objective and scope.
- Manage and direct project/assignment teams involved in multiple, concurrent and sequential development activities.
- Assign and direct project/assignment personnel to best utilize/develop their skills.
- Analyze and recommend engineering or design solutions (Root cause analysis, DOE and other appropriate techniques) to product, process, design, or other technical issues.
- Evaluate impact of proposed product/process changes on other products, materials, strategies, or other technical issues.
- Able to develop and evaluate complex designs or concepts for which initial inputs are limited. Responsibilities encompass project/assignment initiation through ramp up and post audit.
- Approve documentation completed by others.
- Accountable for all documentation requirements for a functional area
- Coordinate resolution of customer service issues.
- Participate in activities such as home shows, visitor events etc. to demonstrate products and lead related discussions.
- Work with suppliers, specifying and monitoring progress on complex issues.
- Develop and present reports summarizing technical analysis and business case to peer group and management audiences.
- Assigns tasks to appropriate team member, including peers.
- Provide training and assistance on a full range of technical issues to lower level staff on a team and evaluate team member technical skills.
- Act as “in-charge” lead on large group assignments or in temporary absence of project manager.
- Participate in activities such as interviewing job applicants, providing input to performance evaluations, etc.
- Serve as key mentor to less experienced technical employees.
- Provide technical backup in the absence of supervisor/manager of functional area.
- Works independently on most aspects of work.
- Receives general direction with occasional work review on other aspects.
- Works within guidelines established by general practice, precedents and policies.
- Review of work occurs after the fact.
- Has considerable latitude in deciding how to accomplish assignments.
- Effective communications with all levels of internal and external customers and staff.
- Approves tasks of peers on project/assignment teams.
- Coordinate project/assignment efforts concerning specific parts or assemblies across several technical areas.
- Independent presentations to upper management.
- Independent communication with business partners to resolve technical issues and negotiate items such as priorities and completion deadlines
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has considerable versatility in applying specialized technical knowledge in a wide variety of situations.
- Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of technologies.
- Knowledge demonstrates mastery in several technical areas of expertise.
- Possesses unique or specific knowledge that is frequently sought out by others.
- Strong understanding of the interrelationship that needs to exist between functional areas the business.
- Well-developed project management skills.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|