Quality TechnicianAndersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Andersen Corporation is looking for a Quality Technician to help support its growing 1st shift operations. This full-time position is located in Dubuque, IA supporting our manufacturing operations, quality system, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Andersen Corporation is a privately held, nationally recognized, and market leading manufacturer of premium quality windows and doors. The Dubuque facility produces product within the premium sector of Andersen’s product offerings.
This position will help support our quality improvement journey by applying lean manufacturing problem solving techniques to sources of unwanted variation and waste in our processes. In addition to being assertive and passionate about quality improvement, the ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Measurement equipment such as calipers, gages, CMMs, etc.
- Solving problems in a team setting
- Analyzing data to make informed decisions and proposals on course of action
- Operating within a fast-paced environment where the solutions to problems are not always found in the standard work
Experience with the following specific skills and job experiences will enable an individual to quickly become successful in this role:
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management and Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Document Control, NCM, CAPA, and FPA Processes
- Metrology experience and understanding of calibration concepts
- Knowledge of different measurement tools and equipment
- Experience performing Gage R&R studies
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and standards
- Ability to gather and analyze data through Statistical Techniques
- Perform process capability studies, Understand variable vs. attribute data
- Understanding of process control charting and control plans
- Ability to conduct data analysis using Excel and/or Minitab
- Drive Corrective Action through root cause identification and Structured Problem Solving
- A3, PDCA, 5-Why, Fish Bone Diagram, Six Sigma, DMAIC
- Sustain improvements through effective communication
- Technical writing skills and understanding of process documentation
- Usage of computer software to create documentation - Word, Power Point
- Effective communication and ability to gain alignment
Additional skills and experience preferred include:
- Experience in Compliance Standards – WDMA, NFRC, Green Seal, FSC, etc.
- Optical Comparator, Romer arm, and Smart Scope Measuring Equipment
- Self-Driven with Tolerance for Ambiguity
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Must have, or be working on, a 2-year degree in Technology/Engineering
- 2+ years Quality Manufacturing Experience
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|