Product EngineerThe Metrix Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Metrix Company, incorporated in 1964, is a leading custom medical device manufacturer, with a reputation for developing products of quality and precision. Our services range from manufacturing subassemblies to finished products, and we are considered a full service medical device manufacturer.
The Metrix Company is a FDA registered manufacturer with a Class 100,000 clean room environment. Our standards meet all federal regulations, and we maintain totally controlled manufacturing conditions.
Our product line includes bags, blood transfusion filters, drug and fluid delivery products, IV sets and disposable ambulatory infusion devices. Metrix is also the owner and manufacturer of the Secure (TM) product line, which consists of Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) products and the Medflo II(TM) Ambulatory Infusion Device.
The Metrix Company, a medical device manufacturer, is seeking a Product Engineer. This position is responsible for developing and testing new products in accordance with customer needs and regulatory requirements. The Product Engineer is also responsible for design process, material and sourcing investigations, product cost analysis, validations and initiating corrective action. Other duties include:
- Manages customer product inquiries, product changes, and new product development
- Assists with product submittals to FDA and regulatory agencies.
- Writes and approves Document Change Orders (DCO)
- Evaluates design, sourcing or manufacturing problems and initiates process improvements
- Writes design and process validation protocols and results
- Assists in researching design or process related issues and provides process and design improvements.
- Writes and approves part and product specifications
- Develops and approves new drawings, work instructions, risk analysis and Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
- Estimates and initiates design and process solutions to reduce product and manufacturing costs
Qualified candidates must possess a bachelor degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, or Industrial Engineering/Technology or related field. Regulatory experience preferred.
The Metrix Company offers a comprehensive benefit package, including a 401(k) plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
The Metrix Company
Attn: Human Resources Manager
4400 Chavenelle Rd.
Dubuque, IA 52002