Product EngineerThe Metrix Company, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Metrix Company, incorporated in 1964, is an ISO 13485 and FDA-registered medical device manufacturer. Metrix is globally positioned to meet specialty and high-volume product demands with ISO Class 8 cleanroom manufacturing in Dubuque, Iowa and San Cristobal, Dominican Republic.
Metrix serves a variety of markets, including medical device, biopharmaceutical and veterinary industries. The product line consists primarily of single use devices, collection bags, waste bags, TPN and enteral nutrition bags. Our design, quality and production teams have decades of experience in radio frequency welding, heat sealing, assembly and packaging to ensure the highest quality products.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at The Metrix Company. As a family-owned business, Metrix employs a dedicated staff who provide support for both of our manufacturing facilities. If you are energetic and quality driven, with a proven record of success, we want to hear from you!
The Metrix Company, a medical device manufacturer, is seeking a Product Engineer. This position is responsible for developing and testing new products in accordance with customer needs and regulatory requirements. The Product Engineer is also responsible for design process, material and sourcing investigations, product cost analysis, validations and initiating corrective action. Other duties include:
- Manages customer product inquiries, product changes, and new product development
- Assists with product submittals to FDA and regulatory agencies.
- Writes and approves Document Change Orders (DCO)
- Evaluates design, sourcing or manufacturing problems and initiates process improvements
- Writes design and process validation protocols and results
- Assists in researching design or process related issues and provides process and design improvements.
- Writes and approves part and product specifications
- Develops and approves new drawings, work instructions, risk analysis and Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
- Estimates and initiates design and process solutions to reduce product and manufacturing costs
Qualified candidates must possess a bachelor degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, or Industrial Engineering/Technology or related field. Regulatory experience preferred.
The Metrix Company offers a comprehensive benefit package, including a 401(k) plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
The Metrix Company
Attn: Human Resources Manager
4400 Chavenelle Rd.
Dubuque, IA 52002