Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative which offers a complete line of savings, checking/ATM, loan, mortgage, investment, trust, insurance, and online services. Dupaco is chartered to serve residents of the state of Iowa; Crawford, Grant, Iowa and Lafayette Counties in Wisconsin; and Carroll, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Rock Island and Whiteside Counties in Illinois. Membership totals over 107,000 with assets of $1.6 billion. Offices are currently located in: Dubuque, Iowa; Asbury, Iowa; Dyersville, Iowa; Manchester, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Marion, Iowa; Cedar Falls, Iowa; Waterloo, Iowa; Carroll, Iowa; Galena, Illinois; and Platteville, Wisconsin. Connect online @ www.dupaco.com.
For additional opportunities and benefit information visit our careers page at: https://www.dupaco.com/dupaco-careers.html
Dupaco Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
There’s a lot to love about a career as a Consumer/Mortgage Lending Consultant at Dupaco…from the handshakes, hugs, and thank yous to hearing “you made my dreams come true.” Your foundation is making connections, your structure is building relationships, and you make a living out of making a difference for our members – your friends, your neighbors, and your community. This is so much more than just writing a personal or home loan, it’s about creating opportunities so our members can reach their goals!
- Building relationships with new and existing member by assisting them with both consumer and mortgage loans
- Deepening Dupaco’s relationship with new and existing members by understanding their full financial picture, actively listening to identify their specific needs, and providing them with education regarding appropriate financial products and services to help the member plan for and achieve a successful financial future
- Performing Money Makeover’s to include, but not limited to, completion of budget worksheet, credit score education, savings education and CUSO referral opportunities that help put member in a better financial position
- Interviewing applicants to determine the overall financial needs and gather pertinent information for loan applications
- Analyzing applicant financial status, credit, and asset evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan and recommend creative loan solutions
- Communicating with members throughout the loan process and prepare a variety of documents such as commitment letters and adverse action letters for declined loans
- Meeting or exceeding the minimum standards of member plan participation of GAP, MRC, and Loan Payment Protection Insurance as set by the credit union in order to achieve individual, departmental and corporate goals
- Serving as back up to the teller and member service lines assisting with member transactions, as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial industry with consumer and real estate lending experience, strongly preferred
- Ability to make sound decisions based on understanding of financial industry regulations
- To promote a professional image of the credit union while providing outstanding service to members, potential members, and coworkers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to adjust your communication style to your audience
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate between multiple programs and utilize dual computer screens
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|