Web Software DeveloperFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
The Web Software Developer will consult with departments and other project team members to design, develop, test and manage websites and software interfaces. Design will involve recommending the best tools for the job and helping bring a concept to vision with other employees and third-party vendors. Development will include using front-end coding for websites, data migration applications, and/or APIs. Testing will include all functional unit testing to ensure the code performs as expected. Managing will include installation of websites/interfaces and ongoing maintenance to keep the applications up to date.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with our business process analysts and requestors of change to design solutions.
- Responsible for solving complex problems.
- Write code using team standards.
- Build complex stored procedures to support the data needs.
- Follow the software development life cycle.
- Test all code changes to confirm the new and previous processes function in conjunction with each other.
- Keep websites/applications current in language and database.
- Work well within the team environment.
- Give accurate time estimates for work completion.
- Look for coding inefficiencies to increase speed or decrease complexity.
- Search for opportunities to improve processes.
- Regular daily attendance is required. Eight hours per day, or as directed by supervisor, as required.
- Conforms to the dress code, the workspace, and the building guidelines, as well as all other company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Associate degree in computer science specializing in programming. Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years web development experience using ASP.NET.
- 5+ years application development using Visual Studio 2010–2019.
- 5+ years using SQL Server 2008R2–2019 writing complex stored procedures.
- Experience in upgrading applications and websites as new versions are released.
- Experience with Bitbucket and Jira within software development is a plus.
- Experience with learning new languages or CMS websites is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|