Manager- Patient AccessUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital,
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Work hours will be days, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. You will be required to flex to other shifts as needed.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing Hospital Registration, Emergency Department (ED) Registration, Cashiering, and Central Scheduling functions. As the unit manager, this individual is responsible for issue identification and resolution, fulfillment of service level functional obligations, and governing day to day staff management. Will review area metrics daily, analyze staff productivity and quality, and deliver timely feedback to resolve departmental issues. Liaise with department management and patients to manage concerns and inquiries. Responsible for promoting a positive patient experience and ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Ensure timely and compliant completion of admission, registration, and point of service collection functions; Oversee ED patient management, and administration follow-up activities in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Ensure that cash management policies as defined by System Services are followed.
- Lead, oversee, and manage team performance and productivity to ensure fulfillment of service level agreement obligations and achieve pre-defined productivity goals/targets.
- Ensure due diligence efforts to financially secure scheduled patient encounters prior to the projected date of service.
- Selects, hires, develops, and completes performance evaluations for staff and will initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resource policies.
- Mentor and provide leadership support to Lead and Patient Access Associates.
Metric Performance Management
- Responsible for review of daily, weekly and monthly department metrics to complete account management, identify issues and investigate root causes, escalate risks, and execute solutions. (Key performance indicators point of service collections, registration error rates, financial screening rates, insurance eligibility, etc.)
- Complete quality reviews ranging from weekly to monthly based on a pre-set timeline and staff recent quality outcomes.
- Evaluate each staff member for point of service collections, Coordination of Benefits accuracy, coverage/eligibility accuracy and provide feedback to staff on identified needs for performance improvement.
Relationship and Compliance Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Departmental leadership and Revenue Cycle management to help facilitate issue resolution.
- Stay current on regulatory and patient sponsorship trends by monitoring list serves, attending conferences, participating in webinars and meetings, and prepare educational tools for the department.
- Contribute to policy and procedure development impacting day to day departmental practices, issue escalation, and interdepartmental interaction.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field or direct and applicable work experience. Must have 3 years of hospital or clinic patient registration experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|