Transportation RepresentativeFlexsteel Industries, Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 120 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Louisville, Kentucky; Dubuque, IA; and Starkville, MS. Flesteel also has distribution centers in Kansas, Indiana, California, and Pennsylvania. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Responsible for work planning and routing outbound shipments for several Flexsteel sites and overall transportation management assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all Flexsteel products are loaded/unloaded in an exact, complete, timely and efficient manner to any Flexsteel fleet equipment, common carrier, container, railcar, and customer equipment or express carrier.
- Directs routing and dispatching of all Flexsteel products and materials on Flexsteel equipment –focus on Juarez and Edgerton locations
- Supports LTL shipments
- Assures strict adherence to established work standards.
- Consults and makes recommendations to management for improvements.
- Assures conformance to Department of Transportation regulations where applicable within this area of responsibility.
- Meets daily/monthly shipping requirements.
- Maintains liaison with other departments and divisions to facilitate product or material shipments.
- Initiates/maintains reports on status of transportation service.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-3 years related experience is required, including:
- Working with the rules and regulations affecting the traffic and shipping functions.
- Instructing and coordinating the work of transportation partners to achieve an assignment
- Supply chain management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of traffic management and receiving principles and practices.
- Knowledge of shipping forms, documentation and terminology.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation (prorated at start date)
- Additional time off for sick or personal reasons as needed.
- 9 paid federal holidays and one floating holiday
- Section 125 Medical Flex/Dependent Care Reimbursement program.
- Employee discounts with select cell phone carriers.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Robust 401(K) with up to 5% matching and counseling services available.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Plan which includes guidance from plan administrators.
Other reasons you may want to consider Flexsteel:
- Associate discounts on furniture… yep, you heard that right!
- Free coffee whenever you need it.
- Free covered parking.
- We are a fun collaborative environment where people matter.
- Opportunity to grow your career with the 8th largest manufacturer of furniture in the U.S.
- Casual and flexible work environment.
- We are grounded in purpose: From the Flexsteel family to yours…we’re committed to creating comfort where your life happens.
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|