From Taco Tuesdays to 60th-anniversary dinners, we’re in the business of protecting moments. At Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (PSSI), people are at the heart of everything we do: our people and the those around the world whose food we work steadfastly to protect.
We lead the way for food protection with over 17,000 employees and over 500 food processing facilities that we service throughout North America. We serve as primary partners with plants both small and large. With more than 45 years in the business, our company is backed by a unique value-driven culture and entrepreneurial spirit that sets us on a path of continued growth in our industry.
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Reports To: IT Application Manager
Work Schedule: 7:30-4:00 M-F
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Positions Supervised: 0
The Business Analyst’s role is to analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, whether they are customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
The primary function of the PSSI Business analyst will be to act as a liaison between our business stakeholders and IT development teams. The Business Analyst will follow projects through conceptualization, testing and deployment.
Strategy and Planning
• Collaborate with project manager and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
• Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
• Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
• Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
• Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Testing and Deployment
• Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
• Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure that the features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
• Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
• Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
• Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
• Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
• Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
• Create documentation: process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction
to developers and/or the project team.
• Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement
specifications are correctly interpreted.
• Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate back to
the business stakeholders.
• Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and
redefine as necessary.
• Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or
through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that
issues and solutions are understood.
• Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, finance, or information
systems and two to five years of related work experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling,
verification, and methodology development.
• Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and
hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and userfriendly
• Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
• Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of a standard Database model.
• Experience and understanding of ERP, CRM, HRIS and BI systems and terminologies.
• Preferred experience with the organization’s core software applications, including Microsoft
Dynamics AX/Portal, Salesforce, Origami, ADP, talentReef, Asure, SQL, Tableau.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|