Supply Chain ManagerPropulse® A Schieffer Co., Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
"We are excited to announce the rebranding of Schieffer Co. International L.C. to PROPULSE™, A Schieffer Company. The new logo and name, ProPulse, more succinctly reflect our professional approach to high-pressure hose solutions,” comments Jeff Theis, Founding Member and President of U.S. Operations. “The tagline ‘Power Moving Forward’ identifies a direct connection to the fluid power industry and the momentum of our business model. Both represent precision, professionalism, vitality and strong progress. That’s exactly what we and our products stand for."
Established in 1923 and headquartered in Lippstadt, Germany, the Schieffer Group of companies is world renowned as the leader in innovative high-pressure hoses and fittings. The company’s commitment to the cleaning industry has made it a prominent leader with the experience needed to innovate new products and the flexibility to bring them to market. For more than 80 years, we have been placing our know-how and experience in the field of rubber and plastic processing at the service of our customers. A skilled staff of approximately 450 at Schieffer's production plants are engaged in satisfying the needs of our business partners in industry. Schieffer products and systems incorporate comprehensive know-how derived from our many decades of experience and from intensive cooperation with our partners in industry.
Its considerable investments in research and development, personnel, equipment and patents have the company poised to pinpoint the products and processes that need improvement, and then find and create the solutions that go above and beyond the current standards. Although the specific work and services performed by the different divisions of the company differ greatly, the application know-how and practical experience which we have acquired across-the-board enables us to offer our customers system solutions and assemblies made up of individual components form these special fields and thereby provide an optimum combination of advantages.
Responsibilities include the following and any other duties that may be assigned.
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Coordinate and work with Sales, Quality, Engineering and Operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Participates in CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Trained in ISO 9001 Quality System requirements pertaining to job position.
- Follow all policies, procedures and standard practices.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related fields (preferred).
- Eight to Ten years of Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Warehouse and/or Manufacturing experience.
- Other degrees may be considered as well.
- Must be familiar with contract writing, international shipping, sourcing suppliers, and inventory programs.
ProPulse® has an expectation of their employees to hold steadfast to the company’s Purpose, Vision and Core Values in all aspects of their job responsibilities and job functions.
Our purpose is to provide de-commoditized products that are engineered and uniquely valuable to our customers and especially the ultimate user.
To build a company through the unified pursuit of sustainable growth and value. We do this through best practices paying constant attention to the development of our people, culture and business processes, markets and products, financial strength and predictable revenue.
Integrity: Honesty and mutual respect of our internal and external customers and suppliers guides us.
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility as a challenge for our products, markets and processes.
Growth: We focus on sustainable growth and value of our company and personally.
Service: We anticipate and go beyond customer expectations.
Safety: We insist upon safety and unsurpassed quality of our products and methods.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|