FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
The individual in this position reports to the VP of Operations. The manager is responsible for safety and lean initiatives that drive compliance in accordance with our company’s safety/compliance policies and procedures. The individual in this position will work directly with the VP of Operations to understand our operational needs and challenges regarding safety and compliance and assist with implementing policies and procedures as necessary. Establish and help promote a safe and healthy work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement programs, safety handbooks, policies and procedures for compliance and safety needs for all team members at ESAPCO and ClearSpan.
- Create and administer general safety policies and procedures to be followed by all team members in compliance with local and state agencies and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Create and administer safety policies and procedures to be followed by all team members in compliance with local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules and regulations.
- Create and administer safety policies and procedures to be followed by all team members in compliance with local and state Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations.
- Responsible for working with other safety companies to get certification for our company regarding new business.
- Work with the VP of Operations on initiatives to achieve ISO 9000 certification for the company.
- Responsible for continuing to develop and maintain a safety conscious work environment amongst team members.
- Be a member of the company safety committee to promote health and safety throughout the organization. Perform safety walk throughs each month and inform managers and supervisors of hazards to be fixed with follow up.
- Be an active member of the accident/near miss or incident review meeting committee to investigate any safety incidents that happened. Perform root cause analysis and action plan to prevent further injuries.
- Update and maintain OSHA logs and perform online reporting as necessary through the OSHA site.
- Inspect company facilities to detect existing or potential accidents and health hazards and recommend corrective action plan.
- Train new team members or current team members on safety initiatives and programs.
- Develop new safety programs and train team members on existing or new safety programs.
- Perform industrial hygiene sampling as needed when working with OSHA.
- Create, compile safety reports as needed for company and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain safety files and records
- Oversee the administration of worker’s compensation program to cut down on lost time incidents and claims.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents or injuries and cooperate in preparation of materials for the use in worker’s compensation hearings, lawsuits or insurance investigations.
- Manage internal first responders
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-5 years of experience in safety, environmental and risk management in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of our organization
- Proficient in MS Office is required
- Experience working with EPA, DNR and OSHA agencies preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Skilled at developing and delivering safety/compliance programs
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques a plus
- Experience working independently and in teams
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university in Safety, Compliance, Risk Management, Operations or related field; Or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- 2-5 years of related experience in safety and/or compliance in a manufacturing or construction setting preferred
- Completion of OSHA compliance training required
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints internally or from regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to management or team members.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and be proficient in the ERP software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, fractions and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands or arm; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must frequently required to lift or move up to 20 lbs. occasionally up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing these job duties, the employee will be working in an office environment will also be performing work in manufacturing and warehouse environments. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, dust, heat, cold. Noise level in an office environment is low to moderate. Warehouse and production environments noise level could be loud to moderate. ,
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-875-2288|
|Apply in Person:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||563-875-2317|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|