Facility Operation ManagerMidwest Janitorial Service, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Midwest Janitorial Service, Inc. is a cleaning business with branches in Iowa and Illinois.
Midwest Janitorial Service is looking to hire a Operation Manager to oversee Dubuque IA accounts.
The Operation Manager is responsible for all aspects of Account Management (Quality Control, Inventory Control, Customer Requests and Concerns, etc.) and Human Resource Management (Training, Staffing, Performance Appraisals, etc.) in their assigned branch.
This position oversees 1-2 2nd shift supervisors. Must have ability to work split shift is needed.
Great opportunity for continued advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
• The Operation Manager is responsible for conducting on the job and class room training which includes Safety, Company Policy & Procedures, Cleaning Expectations, OSHA, Bloodborne, PPE etc.
• The Operation Manager is responsible for overseeing and ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed and submitted to corporate office.
2. Staffing:Operation Manager in conjunction with Branch/District Manager is responsible for placing and approving the assignment of staff to facilities.
• Understand that performance reviews are both formal and informal (written and verbal)
• Monitor employees on all aspects of performance (includes attitude, quality of work, productivity, attendance, safety on the job, etc.)
4. Quality Assurance:
• Regularly schedule full inspections of all accounts.
• Inspections include all aspects of managing the account (cleaning, equipment, staffing amount of time spent on the job, etc.)
• Organizes and assists with nightly planning of tasks with supervisors
• Provides training and direction to second shift supervisors
• Follow up with client requests/concerns
• Oversees floor/carpet specialists
Operation Managers are required to clean. This will occur when training, starting new accounts, client concerns, assisting staff and/or facility staffing shortages, and when performing quality assurance inspections.
Work is performed in all types of facilities (commercial, retail, industrial, medial & institutional). There is exposure to different environments and cleaning compounds that could affect those with allergies to cleaning products.
Shifts vary by individual, staffing and branch, but a weekend rotation is mandatory. Managers are to be present for scheduled paydays, and arriving an hour early is standard protocol. Holidays are rotated between Supervisors and Managers. Touring an account at a different shift may be necessary based on customer needs, concerns, and new business.
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|