FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
The individual in this position reports to the Beam Finish Supervisor and is responsible for dispatching material from one location to another, loading and unloading the carousel and material, cleaning and/or painting manufactured parts and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move material from storage locations to production stations using overhead cranes, carts and forklifts. Ensure that all production stations have sufficient material for continuous operation.
- Move material from storage locations to/from cleaning or painting stations using overhead cranes, carts and forklifts.
- Move completed items from the production line to storage locations
- Move items to the paint location, then touch up and paint.
- Clean items according to specific part requirements. This includes removal of oil, grease welding impurities, slag, etc to allow paint to adhere sufficiently. Move completed items from the carousel line or paint booth to storage locations as necessary.
- Load and unload paint line, load finished product onto trucks and unload raw material.
- Paint items as necessary according to specific part requirements. Move items to/from paint location then touchup if necessary.
- Must be forklift and combi certified through the company training program.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be professional and cordial to all team members at all times.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, combi’s, pallet jacks, banders, hoists, cranes and lifting equipment.
- Displays a positive attitude and is a team player.
- Strong communication skills especially interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs in a safe manner
- Skilled in material handling techniques
- Operate and clean paint guns or paint booth equipment after use and as needed
- Operate a variety of power and hand tools such as grinders, sanders, etc
- Skilled in cleaning, prepping and painting techniques
- Computer experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to read and write.
Basic math skills such addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and any other calculations as it pertains to a certified weld inspector.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will be exposed hot humid conditions or cold conditions. Could be required to work outside in a variety of weather conditions including hot or cold temperatures, rain or snow. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-875-2288|
|Apply in Person:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||563-875-2317|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|