Mechanical Design EngineerAndersen Windows & Doors, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Andersen Windows, Inc. is a part of Andersen Corporation; the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. The flagship Andersen® brand is the most recognized and most used brand in the window and patio door industry. In addition to the Andersen brand, Andersen Corporation includes Renewal by Andersen window replacement, Silver Line, and American Craftsman brand windows and doors sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Andersen was founded in 1903 and is privately owned. The company is known for its strong history of commitment to its business partners, employees, community and environmental stewardship. Andersen employs 9,000 people and markets products throughout North America and in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Join a team that innovates, develops and executes product design initiatives within RD&I Ongoing Product Development. You will be integral in creating industry-leading high-performing durable product solutions. You will be involved in every aspect of the product design life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
The individual in this role is expected to bring experienced mechanical engineering knowledge and best practices to the development and improvement of products that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations for function, performance, and durability. The individual in this role is expected to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
The individual will be directly responsible for:
- Developing innovative customer-focused design concepts and solutions
- Delivering mechanical designs, developed using engineering principles, in a variety of material technologies including: wood, glass, metals, plastics, and composites
- Technical Documentation
- Technical Presentations
- Engineering Change Orders
- Product Quality Improvements
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Production Support
- Certification Support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 2+ years of related mechanical design experience
- Experienced with 3D CAD modeling package
- Demonstrated use of FEA
- Demonstrated use of dimensional tolerance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design experimentation, analyze results and draw conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a highly collaborative
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|