Associate Director of Vocation and Civic EngagementUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Vocation and Civic Engagement. The University of Dubuque offers an excellent benefits package including a tuition remission policy, paid holidays, sick time, 4 weeks of vacation, as well as contributes to retirement and life insurance.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Employer Relations and provide oversight of the Mock and Informational Interview programming, as well as weekly and/or semester tasks
- Supervise departmental interns and/or work study in project development, learning outcomes, and daily tasks assigned by other Center staff
- Advise students, helping them identify and articulate the connection of strengths, skills, and interests to vocational and career opportunities
- Teach, create, update, and manage career development curriculum (PRF 201)
- Assist to provide oversight and train career development course instructors (PRF 201, PRF 281)
- Co-advise the Future Young Professionals’ student organization
- Work closely with the Student Activities Office, the First Year Experience Office, and the World View Seminar One and Two curriculum, and other Student Engagement Offices in an effort to create a culture of civic engagement through on and off-campus service-learning opportunities and educating students on the concept of calling
- Maintain relationships with off-campus employers and community partners to promote experiential learning, networking, and service learning opportunities
- Engage actively in CONNECT-Iowa (Formerly ICORN) and/or Career Professionals of Iowa (CPI) to represent University of Dubuque’s student needs and interests among consortiums
- Collaborate with the Director of Vocation, Civic Engagement & Life Services and Assistant Director of Employer Relations to provide programming amongst academic departments to prevent class cancelations and promote services offered by the Center for Vocation and Advising
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the University’s mission
- Master’s Degree required (strongly preferred in Vocational Development, College Student Personnel, Counseling, Student Affairs, Service-Learning, or Related Field)
- Minimum of 3 years in a higher educational setting relevant to student development, or a combination of 4 years of higher education experience and relevant professional experience (related to vocation or civic engagement services/programming)
- Previous experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to work with a variety of students, faculty, alumni and community professionals
- Prior experience developing and implementing events, programs, or services within an educational setting, or for an educational or developmental purpose
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple ongoing projects at a given time
- Flexibility with schedule as need arises (ex. evening or weekend commitments)
- Utilize excellent communication skills—verbal, written, and interpersonal
To apply with the University of Dubuque for the Associate Director of Vocation and Civic Engagement position, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EOE
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|