Graduate Assistant- in the Fine and Performing Arts DepartmentUniversity of Dubuque, Dubuque, IA
About the University of Dubuque
The University of Dubuque is a private, Presbyterian, coeducational, professional university with a foundation in the liberal arts. Our commitment is to nurturing the mind, body, and spirit as well as encouraging students to explore their fullest potential, is part of a rich Christian identity that dates back to the University's founding in 1852. Our welcoming interfaith community of 2000 students attracts young men and women from across the country and around the globe who seek the knowledge and the skills to make a difference in our ever-changing world. Within a values and faith base, we offer you an array of perspectives and broad exposure to our truly global society. The University comprises the undergraduate college, the graduate school, and the theological seminary.
Mission and Vision
The University of Dubuque is a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and theological seminary degrees, and other educational opportunities with the intention of educating and forming the whole person. The University is comprised of individuals from the region, our nation, and the world.
As a community, the University practices its Christian commitments by educating students, pursuing excellence in scholarship, challenging students to live lives of worth and purpose, and preparing students for service to the church and the world.
Therefore, the University of Dubuque is committed to:
- A hospitable Christian environment which respects other faith traditions;
- Relationships which encourage intellectual, spiritual, and moral development;
- Excellence in academic inquiry and professional preparation;
- A diverse and equitable community where Christian love is practiced;
- Stewardship of all God’s human and natural resources;
- Zeal for life-long learning and service.
The University of Dubuque is a growing University that is seeking a Graduate Assistant- in the Fine and Performing Arts Department for the 2020-2021 term, with a potential renewal for 2021-2022.
- Supervise FPA student workers, including (and not limited to) student admissions, marketing, and tech production.
- Accomplish proficiency with set building, set decoration, and props acquisition
- Supervise performances for each event and assist in booth operation/calling the show
- Assist with implementation of safety procedures and policies for Heritage Center facilities
- Serve as resident Stage Manager for all events and demonstrate a willingness to perform all duties required of the position
- Coordinate and maintain marketing for the Fine & Performing Arts department, including social media
- Assist in the recruiting efforts required of the Fine & Performing Arts department
- Compile pre/post-event reports and share with management, upon request
- Assist in any clerical duties that are required
- Perform other duties as assigned in support the University’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree is required and the position is conditional based on acceptance into University of Dubuque Masters’ program
- Outstanding verbal and written skills with some accounting knowledge
- Ability to work with a variety of students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community professionals
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Proficient computer skills (Excel spreadsheet, Outlook, Data entry technology, PowerPoint, Word, Internet, Search engines, and social medias: Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter)
- Ability to supervise and train work-study students, community volunteers, and class credit workers
- Developed public relations skills and ability to gracefully handle challenging situations
All graduate tuition and fees are waived for the student for the term in which they serve as a GA. In return for a waiver of tuition and fees, the assistantship recipient agrees to provide service to the University equivalent to twenty (20) hours per week.
To apply with a growing University for the Graduate Assistant- in the Fine and Performing Arts Department please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and UD employment application, located on our website, to HR@dbq.edu or to the Director of Human Resources, at the University of Dubuque, 2000 University Avenue, Dubuque, IA 52001.
Applications from qualified persons with diverse backgrounds and cultures, including women and persons of color, are welcomed. AA/EEO
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||2000 University Ave|
Dubuque, IA 52001-5099
|Apply by Email:||HR@dbq.edu|
Arts and Entertainment
|Years of Experience||--|