Software EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Software Engineer - 63509
As a Software Engineer working for John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will be responsible for the development of embedded software applications for Construction & Forestry equipment. In addition, you will:
- Design, develop, test, and debug software components used for electronically controlled systems, while complying with a defined development process and coding standards
- Collaborate with cross functional product design teams developing various features, such as displays, electro-hydraulics, and/or powertrain
- Use model-based software design tools and techniques to develop, analyze, and simulate complex machine control systems
- Provide technical support to the factory, Supply Management, and Product Support during key product development phases
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years experience in developing production software, performing analysis, design, and testing for embedded software projects
- 3 or more years experience programming in C or C++
- Proficient with embedded systems tools such as emulators, compilers, simulators, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic circuits and components, such as Micro Controllers, FETs, EEPROM/Flash, etc., with the ability to read schematics and data sheets
- Effective communicator with teamwork experience
- Excellent problem solver
- Leadership potential
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience Model Based Software Design, preferably Mathworks (Simulink/Stateflow/Real-Time Workshop)
- Experience developing with embedded OSs, such as open RTOS, Linux, uC.OSII, or other
- Experience with software configuration management, software planning, and code reviews tools and/or practices
- 3 or more years experience in off-road, Heavy on-road or passenger car industries
- Experience with SAE J1939 CAN communication and CAN analysis tools, specifically VehicleSpy or CANoe
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals and systems
- Experience in JDOS, VT, JD Bootblock, JDJet, Payload Generation
- Experience with UI/UX frameworks, e.g. Crank Storyboard, QT, or other
- Knowledge of Electro-hydraulics and powertrain applications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related field
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related field.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|