Integrated Grade Control EngineerJohn Deere Dubuque Works, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Integrated Grade Control Engineer - 63724
As an Integrated Grade Control Engineer for John Deere Construction & Forestry Division, located in Dubuque, IA, you will work with marketing to define and set up competitive benchmarking activities, define and identify customers to evaluate products for performance characteristics, and a methodology to gather customer feedback. In addition, you will:
- Work with the development team to define the customer expectations and assure documentation in the product specification
- Work with product evaluators to gather customer feedback on physical machines
- Assist in defining customers to provide system feedback
- Perform machine performance evaluations on the physical machines and provide feedback to the development team (both subjective and objectively)
- Be a voice for the customer to assure the systems will exceed the customer expectations
- Participate in competitive studies that support our Value Proposition for productivity, uptime and low daily operating costs
- Develop new methods and procedures (EAPs) for evaluation and test of IGC systems on multiple machine forms
- Develop methods of validating customer acceptance and value of WorkSight applications
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in wage and salary environments
- Initiative and passion for working with construction or forestry equipment and customers
- Self-initiative and energy working in team environment
- Aptitude and competence in operating heavy off-road equipment
- Development of new methods and evaluation procedures
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with grade control and or automated control systems
- Knowledge of construction and/or forestry equipment customers and their applications
- Construction and/or forestry equipment operating experience
- Demonstrated innovativeness in identifying and solving engineering/technical problems across machine functional areas
- Aptitude and competence in diagnosing and troubleshooting heavy off-road machine systems
- Customer experience with construction and/or forestry equipment
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|