High School Math TeacherHoly Family Catholic Schools, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Holy Family Catholic Schools is the largest Catholic school system in Northeast Iowa. We are an early childhood through 12th-grade educational system, serving nearly 2,600 throughout eight locations. At Holy Family, we are dedicated to providing our students with a premier education that will prepare them for a lifetime of success. Our nearly 500 employees are the foundation that makes this mission possible. We strive to create a culture that encourages professional growth while maintaining a work-life balance.
If you are interested in joining a welcoming and supportive community, consider a career with Holy Family Catholic Schools. Benefits available to our full-time employees include generous paid time-off, benefit dollars and tuition remission for K-12 programming. Group insurance plans are also available.
Please consider joining us in this very important mission. We invite you to explore our variety of opportunities.
If you are certified to teach high school math in Iowa (or can become certified), we invite you to make Wahlert Catholic High School in Dubuque the next step in your teaching career. As a math teacher, you will deliver lessons that develop students' theoretical and applied mathematical skills. You will be responsible for assigning homework, grading assignments and quizzes, and documenting studetnt progress.
Successful candidates will possess a thorough understanding of effective teaching practices. Our ideal candidate will be able to create a stimulating learning environment that is sensitive to students' psychosocial needs.
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate student understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments and quizzes.
- Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
- Grading assignments and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Invigilating quizzes and final examinations.
- Documenting and reporting on student progress.
- Attending meetings with parents and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Education with a Mathematics endorsement.
- Proven experience as a math teacher.
- A thorough understanding of best practices in teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates must apply online at www.TeachIowa.org. Holy Family jobs are listed under "Holy Family Catholic Schools Dubuque." Any questions regarding this position can be directed to Ron Meyers, Wahlert Catholic Principal, at email@example.com or 563-583-9771 ext. 272.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|