Production Operators- SIGN ON BONUS $1000FARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
SIGN ON BONUS of $1000 after successful completion of 4 months of employment!
A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Production Worker is responsible for producing, fabricating and/or assembling products and for setting up and maintaining an environment within which products may be produced.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Set up all tools, appliances, benches, sewing machine, tube benders, band saws, drills presses, jigs, fixtures and materials needed to assemble and/or fabricate the assigned product.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools and other machines such as drills, marvel band saws, cold saws, presses, tube bender machinery and other manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to load and unload workstation with tooling and product.
- Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
- Measure, cut and/or move materials into position for fabrication or assembly according to design drawings and work order instructions.
- Fabricate and/or assemble product.
- Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors. If instructions call for an external inspector, notify inspector and wait for inspection.
- Correct any errors or rework as necessary.
- Prepare finished product for next assembly or for transfer to another location as indicated by instructions.
- Support and practice safe operation of equipment in adherence to ESAPCO safety procedures and regulations.
- Document work completed.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
- Perform daily maintenance of equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Trained to operate a sit-down forklift as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and instructions
- Ability to use power and hand tools safety and effectively
- Ability to use a tape measure accurately
- Ability to handle production raw materials
- Skilled in following directions
- Skilled in problem solving
- Must have appropriate communication skills
- Ability to read, follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Forklift Certification a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read and follow blueprints, interpret drawings and read a tape measure.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, talk, hear, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fluctuating temperatures indoors from cooler to warmer temps. The environment can be dry, dusty, humid, cold or hot indoors and outdoors. ,
This listing has expired
Methods Of Production
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|