Laboratory ClerkMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates is looking for a Laboratory Clerk to join their team! This position is full-benefits eligible.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, with varying shifts between the hours of 6:30am-5:00pm. Approximately 64 hours per two-week pay period. Flexibility is a must!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Transcribe laboratory results into EMR and/or LIS.
- Greet and register lab and radiology patients including activating the appropriate orders.
- Review and reconcile reference laboratory invoices for accuracy. Post charges to appropriately match reference laboratory testing.
- Works in conjunction with clinic laboratory personnel, reference laboratory personnel, physician office personnel, and business office personnel to ensure billing accuracy by providing/collecting correct insurance information, test information, and payable diagnosis codes. Complete orders and post/correct charges to reflect the complete laboratory visit.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience: Three months to one year of similar or related experience.
- Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the position. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Other Skills: General CPT Coding and Medical Terminology helpful but not required. Telephone and email etiquette. Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This listing has expired
Electronic Medical Record
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|