Patient Services Nurse - Weekend PackageMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Clinic is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their Patient Services Department. This outstanding team of compassionate individuals provide 24/7 telephonic medical advice, consultation, education, and triage to Medical Associates patients and providers. Our nurses love this exciting role where they apply their nursing skills in over the phone with a strong team!
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 7:00am to 7:00pm
*Hours worked on weekends and after 4:00pm qualify for excellent shift differential pay in addition to weekend package compensation! The team is excellent at working together to help cover, switch, and accommodate personal schedules whenever possible.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide medical advice, consultation, education, and telephone triage to Medical Associates Clinic (MAC) or Health Plan patients, our patients' families, and our customers that utilize our services by utilizing established treatment protocols developed in coordination with Medical Associates Clinic physicians. Telephonically assist patients in determining the urgency of care needed, referring to or scheduling appointments as appropriate.
- Assess, evaluate and educate members contacting the 24 hour help line utilizing treatment protocol established by MAC providers. Assist in coordinating patient care for all ages using the nursing process problem identification, planning, and implementation of activities. Refer patients to the appropriate level of care as indicated by their condition and treatment protocol. Utilize the electronic medical record to determine other possible conditions that may affect the care of the patient.
- Field complaints by MAC and Health Plan patients in a professional and non- threatening manner and document thoroughly in the complaints database so that follow up can be completed.
- Collect clinical documentation and prepare durable medical equipment forms to ensure compliance to requested item. If additional information is needed contact prescribing provider office to obtain information and route to appropriate department.
- Facilitate locating on-call physicians and setting up referrals and consults upon request.
- Assist with chart reviews, immunization documentation, obtaining clinical information from outside providers and other requested tasks of MAC and Health Plan during downtime periods.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education: Must possess valid RN license.
Experience: One to three years of similar or related experience.
Other Skills: Strong computer, telephone and nursing triage skills.
This listing has expired
Durable Medical Equipment
Hospital Information Systems
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|