Patient Accounts RepresentativeMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Clinic is hiring a Patient Accounts Representative to join the Business Office team.
This position is responsible for the collection of delinquent patient accounts and counseling patients. Previous collection or credit counseling experience is preferred, in addition to customer service experience in an office setting.
You have outstanding communication skills and are able to handle difficult conversations with tact and empathy. You can navigate computer systems well. You enjoy working autonomously and with a team. You are professional, responsible, and people rely on you to get things done.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, between the office hours of 7:00am - 5:00pm.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Interview patients to arrange method of payment or extension of credit.
- Evaluate patients financial status and credit history and determine payment based on patient's ability to pay according to clinic policy.
- Identify and resolve patient billing questions and complaints.
- Review accounts for possible assignment to collection agency, make recommendations to Manager of Patient Accounts, and prepare information for collection agency.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- Education: Equivalent to a high school education
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|