FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs in their departments.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Screen resumes in various job boards and in Paycom.
- Perform in person, phone, or video interviews with candidates for pre-screening or regular interviews.
- Administer appropriate company assessments, as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews. Oversee preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials with hiring managers and supervisors.
- Following up with candidates and hiring managers or supervisors on the process status.
- Make recommendations on interviewing or selection to hiring managers on candidates
- Collaborates with the Human Resource Manager and other HR team members during the offer process.
- Perform reference and background checks.
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Responsible for posting positions on various job boards and college boards to make sure these are up to date.
- Assist with creating and writing employment ads for various media avenues like newspapers, career fairs, job boards etc. and posting them on job boards.
- Communicate employer benefits during screening or interview process, as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison with area staffing agencies, colleges, and industry associations as it relates to recruitment and selection.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and company policies.
- Completing timely reports on the employment activity when requested.
- Conducting exit interviews on terminating employees as needed.
- Attend industry job fairs in the local community and colleges to help recruit for open positions.
- Maintain a very high level of integrity and trust to handle confidential and sensitive employee and company information.
- Assist the HR department with maintaining employee files as necessary in Paycom.
- Assist the HR department with planning of events and activities as needed.
- Be a champion for the strategic planning process and assist with initiatives as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Ability to be proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant tracking software (Paycom) or other systems, as necessary.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality as a member of the Human Resource team.
- Must be able to work flexible hours come in early or late as needed. May require occasional work on Saturdays.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite or related software.
- Must be organized, accurate and thorough in completing work assignments
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is preferred or at least 2-4 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and other items and necessary. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute basic calculations including percentages, ratios and draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to handle all different kinds of problems or issues with common sense.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and Power Point and be proficient in the Human Resource Information System database.
Must be safety conscious and follow all safety guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands or arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to operate various standard office equipment including computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet as found in a typical office setting, Noise level in the production and warehouse areas are moderate to loud in other buildings
Applicant Tracking Systems
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
SHRM-CP (Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional)
SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional)
Verbal Communication Skills
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|