Southwest Health is a non-profit health care system offering residents of southwest Wisconsin a broad span of medical services through its various facilities, including a hospital in Platteville, and Southwest Behavioral Services as well as Epione Pavilion in Cuba City.
We are a model healthcare organization, providing the highest quality care at the lowest possible cost while working to create healthier communities.
We are committed to quality health care. Proof of this committment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. We've been awarded full accreditation because we strive to provide the best care possible, and we've proven it by meeting the Joint Commissions's standards for high quality care. Our Long Term Care Facility has also successfully completed two consecutive years of deficiency free surveys by the Department of Health and Family Services - Bureau of Quality Assurance.
Our hospital features birthing suites, 24-hour a day emergency services, complete diagnostic services, an out-patient specialty clinic, community health programs, comprehensive rehabilitation services (physical, occupational, speech therapies), and respiratory therapy services to name just a few.
EMS & Emergency Management Coordinator
- Associates Degree in Paramedicine required or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Management, Business Management, Public/Business Administration, or closely related field preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license equivalent to a Wisconsin Class D license.
- Wisconsin Paramedic license required, Critical Care Paramedic preferred.
- Two years of supervisory/managerial experience with an Advanced Life Support EMS System, Field Training Officer, EMS Operations supervisor, or Paramedic Supervisor/Instructor required.
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 300, 700, 800 Certifications; or completion of within 1 year of hire required.
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course or similar course completion required.
- HAZMAT Awareness Course Completion required.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Life Support (PALS) required.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules required.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) EMS & Emergency Management Coordinator. The hours of work are primarily day shift, but can vary depending on departmental and organizational needs between 8am-8pm, working outside of these hours would be the exception (Covering Paramedic Shifts and attending meetings).
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) & Emergency Management (EM) Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of EMS & EM with providing management, leadership, direction and administration of all activities related to the Emergency Medical Services Program for Southwest Health. In the absence of the Director, the EMS & EM Coordinator is responsible to carry out the duties of the Director. The EMS & EM Coordinator ensures all medical care performed is pursuant to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as outlined under, but not limited to the following: Wisconsin Administrative Code DHS 110, the prescribed medical guidelines outlined by the medical director, the current version of the Standards and Procedures of Practical Skills and the current Scope of Practice for EMS providers. In addition, the EMS & EM Coordinator must also be able to function as a Paramedic/Critical Care Paramedic. The EMS & EM Coordinator plans, organizes, develops, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the operation of the Emergency Management/Preparedness Program in accordance with current federal, State, local, and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application at www.southwesthealth.org.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Advanced Life Support
Basic Life Support
Emergency Medical Services
National Incident Management Systems
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|