Laser Operator SIGN ON BONUS $1000FARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: The person in this position reports will directly report to the Weld Supervisor who reports to the Weld Shop Manager. This person will be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of manufacturing machinery work.
- Make sure that the right program is picked for the particular job.
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Operator will perform daily cleaning of machine, scrap bins and perform some maintenance duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Load sheets of metal into the laser using a vacuum hoist.
- Unload the cut parts, use instruments to debur and clean parts.
- Make sure that the part meets the quality expectations and it is within the tolerances of the particular part.
- Make custom parts for repair of current equipment when required.
- Adhering to all safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Must have experience working with blueprints, drawings and engineering information
Knowledge in lasers including designing issues and maintenance
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
Knowledge of gauges, micrometers and calipers
Design techniques, tools and principals involved in production planning, blueprints, drawings and models
Identify causes of operating errors and deciding what to do through troubleshooting
Determine the kinds of tools and equipment needed to do a job
Background in safety compliance-particularly Lock out/Tag Out procedures
Adhere to safety and OSHA regulations
Ability to program, set-up and operator lasers
Ability to produce parts and components from drawings and specifications
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions inside.
High school diploma or equivalent. Ideal candidate would have at least 1 year of laser operating experience and troubleshooting.
Continuous training in machine operation and in company production and safety policies and procedures.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|