Laser Operator Assistant- $1000 sign on bonusFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Sign on bonus eligible after 4 months of employment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Laser Operator in setting up materials or machines needed to perform the tasks needed for the jobs that day or that week.
- Assist the Laser Operator with the laser machine to company specifications and customer expectations in a manner consistent with the company’s quality and productivity standards.
- Responsible for selecting materials to be laser cut based on job specifications.
- Load and unload materials onto the laser and sort and cut parts per work instructions using the vacuum hoist.
- Perform quality checks as needed.
- Unload cut parts, use instruments to debur and clean parts.
- Properly identify leftover raw materials for return to inventory location and proper disposal of scrap.
- Be forklift certified and safely operate a forklift in the weld shop.
- Maintain a clean and safe work station and production areas as required.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude along with a willingness to do what needs to be done to move other lines and departments to fill company needs and improve own skills.
- Follow all OSHA and company safety guidelines including wearing personal protective equipment.
- Keep ownership thinking program in mind and be an advocate of the program in department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Laser Operator, Supervisor or Manager or any other member of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment. Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Skilled in material handling techniques.
- Skilled in working with computer programs in dealing with inventory.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, drawings or other work instructions.
- Adhere to all OSHA and safety regulations.
- Demonstrate basic math, including decimal and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work overtime during peak production periods.
- Able to perform detailed work with strong attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others and communicate with co-workers.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous forklift experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; dry or dusty environment; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. , Will be exposed to welding operations in the shop so must take caution around the welding areas.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Certified Forklift Operator
Laser Machine Controls
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Personal Protective Equipment
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|