Mortgage Banking OfficerMidWestOne Bank, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
For more than 80 years, we have earned long-term customer relationships by helping our customers and communities succeed. We believe that the communities we serve are not only the inspiration of our organization, but the purpose behind our existence. That’s why customers like you are at the heart of everything we do.
When you walk into any of our MidWestOne locations, you’ll probably see our mission statement prominently displayed. “Take care of our customers and those who should be,” is not only our mission, it is who we are.
The history of our bank begins with Ben S. Summerwill, or Grandpa Ben, as we lovingly like to call him. Summerwill founded Iowa State Bank & Trust in 1934. While the name of the bank has changed to MidWestOne Bank, we still operate under the same charter and are headquartered in the same location in downtown Iowa City. The story of why Grandpa Ben became a banker has become the bedrock of our company.
We passionately pursue success for our neighbors, and we support organizations that create opportunities in our communities. That’s because we believe the positive actions of each one of us contributes to the success of us all. The MidWestOne Foundation provides financial support for the arts, education, wellness, recreation and civic services.
While we started as a small community bank in Iowa, we have since grown to more than 40 locations across Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado and Florida.
As we continue to grow MidWestOne, we’ll need the help and commitment of outstanding people. Help us change the way people feel about their bank.
Is responsible for the production and solicitation of a wide variety of residential real estate loans, working on a low base plus commission compensation program. Reviews mortgage loan applications to determine if basic lending criteria are met. Ensures that customer needs are satisfied through effective customer service. Contributes to the Bank's profit projections through individual and department goals and strategies. Additionally, responsible for cross-sales and / or referrals of all bank products and services.
- Interviews applicants concerning their mortgage loan needs and desires.
- Initiates the process which determines the customer's financial condition in relation to acceptable risk within Bank policy guidelines
- Submits loans and subsequent information as needed to process for review and approval by residential mortgage underwriter.
- Ensures the growth of the Mortgage Department through the selection and development of new accounts and the expansion of the portfolio.
- Acts in an advisory capacity to other Officers, employees and customers on matters pertaining to mortgage services.
- Ensures that approved loans are closed following required procedures and that the documentation is complete.
- Calls on realtors and other sources of new business to increase referrals, build strategic partners and to promote the Bank and thereby enhance overall banking relationships.
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years mortgage lending experience required. Must possess excellent communication skills; prioritize work demands effectively. Bilingual abilities are a plus. Knowledge of overall bank operations is desirable.
Will be required to register with the NMLS and submit to a criminal background check.
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|