For more than 80 years, we have earned long-term customer relationships by helping our customers and communities succeed. We believe that the communities we serve are not only the inspiration of our organization, but the purpose behind our existence. That’s why customers like you are at the heart of everything we do.
When you walk into any of our MidWestOne locations, you’ll probably see our mission statement prominently displayed. “Take care of our customers and those who should be,” is not only our mission, it is who we are.
The history of our bank begins with Ben S. Summerwill, or Grandpa Ben, as we lovingly like to call him. Summerwill founded Iowa State Bank & Trust in 1934. While the name of the bank has changed to MidWestOne Bank, we still operate under the same charter and are headquartered in the same location in downtown Iowa City. The story of why Grandpa Ben became a banker has become the bedrock of our company.
We passionately pursue success for our neighbors, and we support organizations that create opportunities in our communities. That’s because we believe the positive actions of each one of us contributes to the success of us all. The MidWestOne Foundation provides financial support for the arts, education, wellness, recreation and civic services.
While we started as a small community bank in Iowa, we have since grown to more than 40 locations across Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado and Florida.
As we continue to grow MidWestOne, we’ll need the help and commitment of outstanding people. Help us change the way people feel about their bank.
Responsible for administration of the SOX Program. The position serves a critical role and is integral toward assuring that the corporation’s SEC filings are compliant with defined disclosure and control requirements. This is an advanced level position in a technical area that requires experience in administration of SOX compliance. The role involves preparation of reports for senior management and may involve periodic presentation of that information to those parties.
- Develop and execute an annual SOX compliance plan leveraging the COSO 2013 internal control framework
- As applicable, develop, enhance, maintain and rationalize the Company's documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Fosters proactive working relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure timely compliance with the SOX program.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and members of Company management.
- Evaluate severity of any internal control deficiencies.
- Manage internal control deficiency remediation activities.
- Manage the quarterly internal control certification process
- Participates as a member of the Company’s Disclosure Committee.
- Seek to continually improve the Company’s SOX compliance efforts.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and fulfilling various ad hoc reporting requests by management as necessary (SOX compliance during mergers and acquisitions)
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SOX 404 compliance.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- CPA preferred.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Cash Or Share Options
Mergers And Acquisitions
Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Compliance
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|