Associate Executive DirectorArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
About the role: Area Residential Care is seeking an experienced non-profit administrator to assume the planning and implementation of its day to day operations. The position is the chief operating officer, responsible for all aspects of the services provided by the agency, including:
- Establishing and maintaining policies and procedures that guide the provision of services;
- Assuring compliance with licensing and accreditation bodies;
- Maintaining positive relationships with referral and funding sources;
- Supervising the performance of management level staff; and
- Maintaining quality assurance systems for all agency services.
The position reports to the Executive Director of the agency and acts in his/her stead when the Executive Director is absent.
About you: Qualified applicants will have:
- A BA/BS in human services or public administration field;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an administrative or supervisory position;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Proven leadership capabilities;
- Professional communication and technical skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to self-initiate necessary tasks.
Highly qualified candidates will have a master’s degree, preferably in a human services field, and experience with national accreditation. In depth knowledge of state and federal regulations and experience with the IDD population is strongly desired. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Why Area Residential Care? We are a private, non-profit organization dedicated to empowering people with intellectual disabilities and supporting them to achieve their highest quality of life. We offer a range of benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement savings plans, vision coverage, and paid time off. Area Residential Care serves approximately 185 persons with disabilities on an annual basis with a budget of $8,100,000. We have been continuously CARF accredited since 1999 and employ approximately 200 staff.
Dubuque, Iowa is a community of approximately 60,000 residents with a small-town heart. Located on the Mississippi River where Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois meet, Dubuque is a regional recreational and commercial hub for the surrounding area and serves as a regional medical center with two large hospitals and various medical facilities. It is home to three private universities, a community college, and several seminaries. Dubuque is a choice location for national and international leading companies such as A.Y. McDonald, Rite-Hite, and John Deere Dubuque Works.
For consideration email a letter of application, current resume, and 3-5 professional references by Friday, April 2, 2021, to:
Catherine Kutka, Human Resources Director
or mail to:
Area Residential Care
ATTN: Catherine Kutka, Human Resources Director
3355 Kennedy Circle
Dubuque, IA 52002
Area Residential Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|