2nd shift Production Team Lead- $1000 sign on bonusFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Sign on bonus eligible after 4 months of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with supervising the work activities and evaluating the performance of covers and RF team members and under the direction of the Fabric Supervisor and Manager
- Assess work order requirements to determine needs and priorities and schedule production to meet sales commitments
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine production requirements. Collaborate with Fabric Supervisor to establish work processes and methods needed to produce specified requirements and ensure communication to team members
- Delegate and prioritize work orders to the work cells as directed by Fabric Supervisor or Manager
- Responsible for implementing company policies, procedures, and initiatives relative to production and supervision goals
- Effectively use our company inventory system to determine labor needs in work cells and implement measures to move individuals to other work cells to meet daily production goals
- Communicate with Fabric Supervisor on any production problems or concerns and make recommendations or implement solutions under the direction of Supervisor or Manager
- Under the direction of the Fabric Supervisor, communicate with team members what the needs are and prioritize deadlines to meet goals
- Set up equipment and processes as needed. Recommend changes in equipment and working conditions to increase production activity
- Communicate with Fabric Supervisor or Manager to discuss quality issues or concerns
- Monitor inventory related to fabric production and requisition materials as required and maintain inventory levels
- Test new and old fabric and maintain tracking of materials
- Keep documentation records of activities and events related to performance of team members and equipment. Communicate with Fabric Supervisor at required scheduled meetings to discuss
- Ensure work has been properly and accurately signed on and off through our company inventory software and ensure paperwork is completed correctly and accurately
- Assist the Fabric Supervisor with interviewing applicants for the department and making recommendations
- Train new team members in all phases of cover production including completing checklists and communicating progress to Fabric Supervisor and Manager
- Coach and mentor new hires and other team members
- Perform production work alongside team members and be flexible to work in all other work cells to meet production goals
- Enforce safety regulations and report safety problems to Supervisor or Manager.
- Assist in identifying areas for improvement regarding inefficiencies and help establish buy in with another team members
- Be a champion of the lean initiatives and collaborate with continuous improvement team to implement initiatives
- Foster a collaborative, positive and team-oriented work environment
- Be a positive contributor of the strategic plan initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control system
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
- Ability to coordinate complex activities
- Thorough knowledge of all equipment and processes used in fabric production
- Ability to operate all equipment and machines
- Ability to respond to complex demands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be forklift certified through company related training if needed
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Computer experience required
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems
- Skilled at interpersonal communication including conflict resolution
- Skilled at problems solving and organizational skills
- Skilled at interpreting and reading blueprints and engineering specifications
- Skilled at planning and organizing activities
- Must have thorough knowledge of entire department
- Must work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. Two years of experience preferred.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and action. Models high standards of ethics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feeling of different people in different situations.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listen effectively; clarifies information as needed. Voices opinions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Listening: Understands and learns from what others say.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information.
- Accountability & Dependability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; consistently exhibits optimism and energy; learns new skills, performs work in different ways.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have excellent measuring skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, and squatting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside mostly however this person may be outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,
This listing has expired
Certified Forklift Operator
Inventory Control Systems
Inventory Management Software
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Verbal Communication Skills
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|