FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents from sales representatives
- Identifies labor, material, equipment, and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, specifications and related documents
- Computes cost by analyzing labor, material, equipment, travel, lodging and time requirements
- Communicate with installers and team members regarding new and current projects
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Utilizes existing install calculators and helps to build out new calculators to help streamline the estimation process
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information from Project Managers or Sales Representatives
- Prepares special reports to collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data by entering and backing up data
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational webinars when available and reviewing technical publications
- Analyze job expense reports to determine how accurate the estimates were and if they need to be adjusted going forward
- Review job cost reports monthly with the Design and Construction Manager
- Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Be a contributor of the company strategic plan and help foster a positive and collaborate environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in MS Office and quickly learn our Epicor system
- Strong understanding of steel erection processes
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well under pressure and under constant change
- Experience working with contractors and equipment rental vendors
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong analytical and math skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or any related field preferred
- 1-2- years of related work experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents including business documents, manuals, operating instruction manuals and safety manuals.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Ability to learn quickly E10 and other company software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds. Must have close, distant, vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing, warehouse, construction environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in construction, production or warehouse areas.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||563-875-2317|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|