FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Train new employees in all shifts packaging orders to be shipped by the small package using standard packaging instructions. Prepare formal written instructions for UPS, FedEx, or other shipping operations.
- Manage daily fulfillment operations, including shipping orders on time for same day shipping.
- Participate in the staffing process, including annual evaluations, review of fulltime employees at their 90-day probation period, and interview applicants for fulltime positions.
- Improve the packaging process and reduce cost by identifying inventory and shipping issues.
- Propose efficiency improvements in the Small Package area, such as suggesting a plan to expedite orders for loading as quickly and efficiently as possible, and improving labor to shipping ratio.
- Process small package shipping from one workstation after 4:00pm on normal order volume days.
- Supervise the loading of the small package trailer.
- Close manifest or provide coverage.
- Monitor shipping supply levels and inform the Distribution Manager of order needs.
- Organize and maintain miscellaneous shipping supplies.
- Train employees in filling cable orders and facilitate production in the cable rolling area. Suggest improvements in cable production and cable inventory maintenance.
- Audit the packaging on at least three packages per day and report the information to employees with improvement suggestions.
- Work with employees whom have work limitations.
- Ensure all box flaps are cut off, pallets are picked up, refuse is cleaned from the floor around the carousals, and empty boxes are recycled.
- Propose warehouse improvements.
- For all proposals over $200, determine the nature of the problem, what is needed to solve the problem and how the proposed solution will produce benefits. The equipment needed must be and the total cost (including installation) proposed. Also, the advantages, disadvantages and cost savings must also be determined.
- Will be shipping some hazardous materials from time to time and will need to be trained, tested in Hazmat training.
- Understand the metrics and overall goals of the small package department and be a champion to communicate the goals and objectives to achieve them to team members.
- Competent and knowledge of the picking and shipping process in E10 system.
- Be a back up for the Distribution Manager when directed by management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
This job requires supervision of fulfillment workers and cable assemblers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the PSS station and Hazmat
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Knowledge of planning processes and process controls
- Knowledge of employment laws and policies
- Create and maintain records
- Ability to supervise the work of others and plan and direct work activities
- Ability to evaluate performance
- Ability to train others in the use of material handling and packaging equipment
- Ability to define and articulate problems and develop solutions
- Ability to use complex computer systems for management planning and inventory control
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Skilled in mathematics and skilled in communicating ideas and instructions
- Skilled in interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Skilled in problem solving
- Ability to be trained in Hazmat Training
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of warehouse experience
- Forklift Certification
- Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
Continuous training in warehouse and safety procedures, and certification in the operation of heavy equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||563-875-2317|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Certified Forklift Operator
Packaging And Labeling
Verbal Communication Skills
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|