Kitchen AssistantDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a areas of impact incliding YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Are you ready to be a difference-maker? The Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA is a community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals. Here, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is inclusive and collaborative. As early education leaders, we're making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children every day. Their future begins now. And so does yours.
The Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA is looking for a Child Care Cook Assistant for our Summer Programs!!
The Food Specialist is responsible for overall food preparation for the School's enrolled children. May be responsible for the oversight of a group of children and be responsible for their health and safety. Must be adaptable to menu changes and be able to meet meal and snack schedules. Ensures safe food preparations and proper sanitation methods are used and maintains a safe kitchen/pantry area.
The individuals we choose to fill these important roles will be nurturing ambassadors of youth development; while promoting healthy living, social responsibility, elimination of racism, and embracing woman empowerment.
- Help the Head Chef cook home-style, nutritional meal plans in the boundaries of their school's menu and budget, as well as state and federal requirements.
- Prepare meals/snacks for children and staff. Distribute food to the classrooms following appropriate health and safety guidelines, and policies.
- Follow the daily menu provided by the Director which incorporates, USDA, licensing, and/or health department regulations.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- Assists in classrooms as needed as an Assistant Teacher/Floater, as well as vehicle driver.
- Are caring, compassionate, and love what they do
- Work experience in cooking and/or food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in a childcare facility
- An understanding (or willingness to learn) of CACFP Guidelines and regulations
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Clean driving record, and a valid driver's license.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Food and Beverage
|Years of Experience||--|