Dialysis Social Worker - MercyOne Clinton - MSW FTMercyOne, Clinton, IA
This listing has expired
MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center Minimum Wage: $15.00/hr.
MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. MercyOne – Dubuque has 263 beds while MercyOne – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
MercyOne offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. MercyOne also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. MercyOne’s 1,500 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital for the fourth time in 2019.
MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersviile Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
MercyOne is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at https://www.mercyone.org/dubuque/.
Assist patients and families in resolving personal, financial, and environmental difficulties, which predispose illness and interfere with obtaining optimal benefits from health care. Specific functions include psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, financial assistance, counseling, information and referral, advocacy, problem intervention. Perform duties, congruent with NASW Code of Ethics and professional social work standards. Serves patients, families and/or significant others whose ages range from pediatric to geriatric.
1. Licensed as Masters level Social Worker or Independent Social Worker through Iowa Dept. of Public Health.
2. Must possess a Masters Degree from a graduate school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education which included specialization in clinical practice.
3. One to two years of social work experience in a health-care related setting.
4. Excellent communication, diplomacy, and people skills required.
5. Acute observation skills necessary.
6. Excellent communication, diplomacy and people skills required.
7. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
8. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|