MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center Minimum Wage: $15.00/hr.
MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center is a not for profit Catholic hospital serving the tri-state area of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin since 1879. MercyOne – Dubuque has 263 beds while MercyOne – Dyersville is a critical access hospital with 25 beds and a 40-bed nursing home.
MercyOne offers a full range of acute care services, including invasive cardiology and open-heart surgery, Level II trauma center, Level II regional neonatal intensive care unit, general and orthopaedic surgery, psychiatric services and inpatient physical rehabilitation. MercyOne also operates two hospital-based skilled nursing units, extensive outpatient rehabilitation services, home health care, retail pharmacy and a wide range of outpatient, community and business services. MercyOne’s 1,500 full- and part-time employees and medical staff of 230 care for more than 56,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and achieved Magnet designation, the gold standard of patient care, in 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet hospital for the fourth time in 2019.
MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersviile Medical Center is a member of Mercy Health Network in Iowa and is a Ministry Organization of Trinity Health based in Novi, Michigan.
MercyOne is an organization that values and encourages diversity. To learn more about Mercy and its opportunities for employment, please see the postings listed on this site or visit our website at https://www.mercyone.org/dubuque/.
Counselor - Turning Point Treatment - Full Time - Rotating
Consistent with the Iowa Board of Certification (IBC) Standards, the counselor is a member of the MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center multi-disciplinary treatment team and is accountable for the delivery of holistic, compassionate, individualized, and effective care demonstrated by the use of the core functions of practice associated with the counselor role.
- Master’s degree in addiction studies or related field or working on completion of degree.
- Licensure as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred.
- State certification as a substance abuse counselor or eligibility with completion of certification within one year following date of hire (tCADC, CADC, IADC, IAADC). Not required if licensed as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- Minimum of two years of clinical counseling experience in a mental health or substance use disorder setting is preferred.
- The counselor, if a recovering person, must have a minimum of three years continuous sobrietyor freedom from mood altering chemicals.
- Maintain continuing education units per the state certification requirements and continuously seek opportunities to enhance their own professional nursing practice.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 5 years thereafter.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Licensed Independent Social Worker
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|