Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel and Conference Center is a property owned by Frontier Hospitality Group (FHG). FHG owns 7 properties in the Quad Cities, East Peoria, and Dubuque. Owning multiple properties allows a unique advantage for you as an employee the opportunity for advancement and to learn multiple roles if desired. We are currently seeking full time and/or part time hours, 1st shift maintenance mechanic with a rotating weekend schedule.
At Frontier Hospitality Group, we're all about taking care of our people - that includes both employees and customers. We want to make sure you are at your best, so you can create a positive experience for every customer that will last a lifetime.
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Maintenance Mechanic, you'll ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests making sure all activities are delivered safely and with compliance. As Maintenance Mechanic you will ensure your hotels always look their best.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles all in-house repairs in regard to painting, wall vinyl, carpentry and repairs of wallboard.
- Checks electrical systems such as refrigeration controls, televisions and related systems and lighting systems, and makes minor repairs.
- Checks and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks.
- Repairs and finishes furniture, counters and other wooden structures.
- Performs regular checks of pool and spa, backwashes and vacuums as needed and maintains a proper pH condition and chlorine level of the water.
- Cleans and lubricates equipment as part of the preventative maintenance program or as required.
- Ensures washers and dryers operate properly and inform management of any malfunctions or problems.
- Performs such other work as may be required, including scheduled preventative maintenance of any type in assigned areas.
- Provides van transportation for guests as directed. Checks gas and oil in vans and work vehicles arranges regular maintenance and suggests maintenance needs as they arise.
- Performs emergency unskilled work including but not limited to plunging toilets, moving furniture and transporting equipment.
- Assists with snow removal, grounds and exterior maintenance as needed to ensure a clean and presentable manner.
- Completes all maintenance requests in a timely manner prioritizing as necessary and communicating issues to management.
- May be required to thoroughly and correctly clean and set up guest rooms according to operational policies and standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Certificate in pool operations, CPO, EPA, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, or licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter a plus, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation in order to travel between operational sights and other business needs.
We'll reward your hard work with a great salary and benefits (including a 401k, health, dental, and life insurance for full-time employees).
Join us and you'll become part of the family and like all families, all our individual members share some winning characteristics. Every day our family displays honesty, integrity, respect, compassion, and we work quickly and efficiently towards a positive result for the company and, most importantly, the customer.
We invite you to show us how you are the perfect fit to deliver "wow" to our customers by applying now.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|