Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Will be supervising 10-12 employees and must be able to work Flexible Schedule
The Food Services Director is responsible for the administration, supervision, organizing, planning, scheduling and day-to-day operations of all functions and personnel in our dietary department. As well as the food programs & services established within the community programs.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Ensures dining services standards of quality are understood and followed by staff, proper sanitation of food service areas, proper food storage of food and supplies, proper gathering and disposal of refuse.
- Obtaining dietary assessment information on all residents and recommends diets accordingly for residents who are ill or placed on special diets. Coordinating and following physician, dietitian, and nursing orders in menu planning and preparation; assists in planning weekly and seasonal menus with meeting budget expectations.
- Ensure proper planning and placing order adequate supply of food and nonfood items and make purchases as necessary with maintaining inventory levels.
- Assist with events involving the need for food services, i.e. agency picnic, holiday events, etc. Steps in and assists with cooking and set up of meals as needed.
- Interviews, hires, prepare schedules, and train new hires related to dietary services.
- An Associate degree preferred; may consider High school degree or equivalent based on relevant work experience.
- Completion of the state of Iowa’s 90-hour food service supervisor/manager course preferred or training will be provided.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the food service industry for a licensed health or human services agency.
- A minimum of three years supervisory experience in a leadership role.
For full job description visit:
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of criminal background checks and drug screening. EOE
Food and Beverage
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|