The Dyersville Commercial is a weekly newspaper published by the Eastern Iowa Media Group-North (EIMG-N). EIMG-N is part of the Woodward Community Media division of Woodward Communications, Inc. headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa.
Eastern Iowa - including the communities of Dyersville, Manchester, Guttenberg, Elkader, Edgewood, Strawberry Point, Garnavillo, Earlville, Worthington, Farley, Epworth, New Vienna, Bankston, Luxemburg, Petersburg, Holy Cross and more - is home to the Eastern Iowa Shopping News. All of these communities are served by this weekly publication, giving buying information and much more.
Our sports writers cover local and area sports events, take photos, collect information and write the stories our subscribers look forward to reading. The qualified candidate must be able to work up to 15-20 hours per week and be available after 3 p.m. with occasional weekend work.
Successful sports writer qualifications:
- high school diploma or equivalent,
- basic understanding of most sports,
- comfortable meeting and interviewing new people,
- familiar with technology (mobile devices, common computer programs, Internet),
- excellent command of the English language,
- propensity for accuracy,
- accuracy and ability to meet deadlines,
- and valid driver’s license.
Experience with page design software, editing, headline writing and interviewing desired.
Part-time benefits include competitive wage, employee stock ownership and 401(k) retirement plans.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|