Greenhouse Project ManagersEngineering Services and Products Company(FarmTek), Dyersville, IA
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: The person in this position reports to the General Manager, and is responsible for delivery and assembly of building structures.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work activities of construction crews assigned to assemble greenhouses onsite, and evaluate their performance.
- Assign work to construction crews, and coordinate their activities.
- Select outside contractors for building assembly, and coordinate their activities.
- Arrange for preparation of worksites for assembly and placement of greenhouses, including checking for building codes, clearances, ground type, leveling, anchoring, etc.
- Advise customers regarding the design of their greenhouses and systems.
- Provide technical support for customers who install their own greenhouses and systems.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints regarding design, installation, and product quality at all stages of the process.
- Schedule and ship material for installations, and arrange for necessary equipment.
- Inspect site before and after installation as needed.
- Compile estimates for pricing quotations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to human resources management
Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to the hiring of private contractors
Knowledge of building codes and restrictions
Knowledge of construction requirements and techniques
Ability to define and solve specific customer problems associated with installation
Ability to manage multiple, complex activities
Ability to supervise the work of others
Ability to develop and use complex systems to accomplish goals
Ability to travel to job sites as needed
Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS in Project Management, Engineering, Building Science or Construction or relevant field;or at least three years of project management experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may work in variable climates but primarily in an office setting. Must be able to walk on varied terrain, sit and stand for extended periods of time while maintaining project focus. The employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, sitting, some stooping, stretching, bending/crouching. Must be able to talk, hear, see and perform some repetitive motions. Must be able to lift or carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. Work is in a fast paced environment.
Human Resource Management
Product Quality (QA/QC)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|